2010

The 3 Amigos

The 3 Amigos

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Everywhere!

Wow....is all I can say! I know I should get Mother of the Year Award for this one, but...I have never taken my kiddos to the Cal Poly Pumpkin patch. I do not know why...usually the kids all have games on Saturday and then Sunday we are busy getting ready for the week. But I told the kids we would go for sure this year! They had no idea what it really entailed. When we pulled up there mouths dropped. Mine did too I must admit....rows and rows of pumpkins. Big ones, small ones, oval ones, very weird looking ones! There is a pumpkin there for everyone. My kids really do have a heart for the...unusual. Every one they brought up was damaged or lopsided or all scratched up. I finally had to tell myself that if they were happy with it then it didn't matter if there was no stem or if it tilted to the left or if it did not stand up at all! My kids LOVE the ones that are full of flaws! It made me think  what an awesome quality that actually is. The fact that they are different is a sign that they are unique. Just like my munchkins...what a blessing to learn a lesson from my kids. Goes without saying.....I have a lot to learn! Great family trip and one I promised them we would never miss again. So sad it took us this long to finally get there!





No comments:

Post a Comment