2010

The 3 Amigos

The 3 Amigos

Monday, August 9, 2010

Kenadee's First Day of 5th Grade

Kenadee was such a good sport this morning! She had to go back to school 3 weeks before the rest of us! Since we are still in storage, she did not even have her backpack. I know, mother of the year, I did not even have pencils for her! I kinda feel like it is still summer and not quite time to go back, so it all just snuck up on me. Since she is new to the school, we wanted to get there a little early to find her class and hopefully a friend! We were able to meet her teacher, Mrs. Johnson, who was so nice and ready to hook her up with some nice girls. I swear I am so emotional....I had to keep my glasses on so I wasn't caught crying! I felt so bad for her watching other girls run to each other so happy they were in the same class. But Kenadee just kept shocking me. She walked across the playground to a girl who was wandering around and introduced herself.
Ended up they are in the same class and she plays soccer too! I watched from across the playground, tears rolling down my face. I know I am such a sap! I can't help it...she was so determined to meet someone and I was so happy she did! She then waved to me from across the playground. As I continued to stand and watch her, both girls ran over and Kenadee said, "Mom, you can go now, I have a friend!" I cried all the way back to my car and prayed! I thanked God for allowing Kenadee to meet someone and having the courage to just walk up to a complete stranger and make friends. I LOVE her funny sense of humor and what a responsible and beautiful girl she has turned into! We even joked and laughed about the scary daycare clown! This will be her first time having to attend daycare! Boy are we gonna miss Auntie! Kenadee was a great sport...I know she will have a tremendous year!

No comments:

Post a Comment