2010

The 3 Amigos

The 3 Amigos

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Haleakala Volcano

Another trip Bill convinced my to go on! Let me repeat myself: I HATE driving! I did not know what I was getting myself into when I agreed to drive up this volcano! It was about an hour away from our condo and another hour drive up the volcano. When we reached about half way...it started raining on us! Even though it is 85* at the bottom. We kept the top down the whole way! The temp. drops a good 20 degrees on the way up...so we were freezing. We cranked up the heater and carried on. Stevie wrapped himself in our towels and sat like a caterpillar in a cocoon the whole way. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but it is super cold at the top! We were not quite dressed for the occasion. We did not stay long on the top....it is so high up that it is actually hard to catch your breath. We were all in flip flops and shorts..but it was amazing to look down into a volcano. This one is not active, but still amazing to see the craters and how it once was active. Did it once...never again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment